Surgery Care Team
Your Thoracic Surgery Care Team
In addition to our devoted thoracic surgeons, the division of thoracic surgery has a team of mid-level practitioners and ancillary staff that help guide our patients from diagnosis to treatment and beyond.
Donna Bobo, MSN, CRNP
Donna Bobo, MSN, CRNP, is our thoracic surgery nurse practitioner.
- 20 years of critical care nursing experience providing care for cardiothoracic surgical patients
- Graduate of the St. Luke's Hospital nursing program and completed the nurse practitioner program at DeSales University in 2008
- Serves as the Thoracic Oncology Nurse Navigator for the Comprehensive Lung Cancer Program, a position she has maintained since 2005
- Serves as a resource for our patients and their families throughout the continuum of care in our Comprehensive Lung Cancer Program
Donna provides individualized information and support and guides our patients through the multidisciplinary approach to care.
Beth Katynski, PA-C
Beth Katynski, PA-C, is our most senior mid-level practitioner.
- Completed undergraduate training at Pennsylvania State University and King's College and received Bachelor of Science degree in Physician Assistant in 1991
- Has been involved in cardiothoracic surgery her entire career but also is experienced in electrophysiology and various surgical subspecialties, including plastic surgery, urology, neurosurgery and general surgery
- Has been employed as a physician assistant in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Arizona and contributes a diverse perspective to the practice
- Joined our practice in January 2007 but has been part of the St. Luke's Hospital and Health Network since 1994
Beth plays an integral role in our patients' preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care.
Kaitlin Maloney, PA-C
Kaitlin Maloney, PA-C, is the latest addition to our growing thoracic surgical team.
- Completed physician assistant training and received a Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Philadelphia University in 2003
- Brings five years of surgical experience and patient care excellence
- Possesses extensive knowledge in orthopedic surgery and emergency medicine
Kaitlin provides patient care for our patients throughout the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative periods.