St Lukes Pediatrics Gastroenterology
St. Luke's Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
Doctor and Staff
Leo A. Heitlinger, MD, FAAP
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Awarded medical degree at New York Medical College
- Completed internship and residency programs at University of CA Irvine Medical Center
- Completed the fellowship program at Children's Hospital of Buffalo
- Specializes in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition
- Chair, Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, American Academy of Pediatrics; Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition; Member, American Gastroenterological Association
More about Dr. Heitlinger
Susan Holecz, MSN, CPNP
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioner degree in Pediatric Primary Care from University of Pennsylvania
- Masters of Science in Nursing from Widener University specializing in Pediatric Burns, Emergency Care and Trauma
Location and Hours
701 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Maps & Directions
Monday through Friday: 9 am to 4:30 pm
Please download, print and complete these Patient Forms, which include New Patient Registration, Insurance Authorization, Notice of Privacy Practices and General Consent forms.
Below is a listing of our most common services. If you are interested in other services, please call the office and we will discuss your individual needs.
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Colonoscopy Procedures
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Esophagitis, Eosinophilic
- Esophagitis, Peptic
- Failure to Thrive
- Feeding Aversion
- Poor Weight Gain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Our office provides 24-hour coverage for emergencies. If you have an emergency that arises during the day, please call our office immediately. Please provide your name and a description of the emergency. If an emergency arises at night or during the weekend, please call our office number and the physician on-call will be contacted. You can reach our office by calling 484-526-7575.
If you believe any delay in medical attention could result in a life-threatening situation, please go immediately to the nearest emergency room for treatment and notify our office as soon as you are able.
To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 484-526-7575. Please give us your name and the reason for your call, and we will schedule an appropriate amount of time for your care. Our office hours are listed above.
When you have health questions consult our office and we will guide you regarding appropriate medical treatment. We will refer you to a specialist for treatment when medically necessary and continue to coordinate your care with the consulting doctor.
If your insurance plan requires a prior written referral to see a specialist, you will be responsible for all fees if you access specialty care without the referral.
We are not able to issue retroactive referrals for care already rendered. If you have any questions regarding referrals, please call our office and we will be happy to help you.
Our office accepts most major insurance plans. Please check with our office for the list of plans in which we participate. Co-payments are not billable and therefore are due at the time of the office visit. Payments are accepted in cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card.
If lab work is ordered for you, we will help you schedule a follow-up visit for the interpretation of those test results. Test results will not be given over the phone except for those patients with chronic conditions.