Guidelines for Processing Interns (updated 6/23/2014)
(view the Intern Flow Chart)
- Please read the attached for an explanation on processing student interns.
- View our online presentation for School Program Directors
Students assigned to the Warren Campus will need to meet these additional requirements:
In addition to meeting the Network requirements, the State of New Jersey has additional requirements which include:
- NJ Department of Treasury (SDN)
- NJ Consolidated Debarment Report
- Those students with a significant likelihood of contact with children must also complete New Jersey State Police Criminal History Check. The required form is provided to the student by the Warren Campus hosting manager. To complete the form in the proper format, follow the instructions in the attachment.
Criminal Background Investigation Report
- If a criminal history is reported on the FBI Fingerprint Report, Child Abuse Clearance or PA State Police Criminal Background Check, please print this form and have the student complete and mail, along with all original criminal history reports, to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus Volunteer Services Department.
Immunization History Form (updated 05/22/2014)
- This form outlines the St. Luke's health history requirements which are to be kept on file at the school.
- It is important to note that all students are to have the most current, annual flu shot during flu season. Only religious or medical exemptions will be considered and should be submitted by completing the appropriate form (religious exemption form; medical exemption form) along with the other required documentation and verification form. School program directors will be notified if the exemption is approved. Exemptions not approved will require the student to either have the flu shot or their internship will not be approved.
- For those with questions regarding new flu requirement, please review this FAQ developed by our Employee Health Department.
Drug Screen Requirements
- Please print the attached form and provide to students who have had a positive TB test in the past. This form, along with a clear chest x-ray and/or BAMT (Blood Assay Mycobacterium Tuberculosis) test, should be kept with the student's medical file.
Hepatitis B Declination Form
- Having the Hepatitis B series is strongly recommended for students completing an internship at St. Luke’s, but is not required. Should a student decline the vaccine, the attached form should be completed and kept on file with their medical history.
Record Verification for Student Interns (updated 07/01/2014)
- Please print the attachment and return to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus Volunteer Services Department along with the Registration, Student Volunteer Instructor Research Consent & Release Agreement and Commitment to Privacy Forms.
||Warren Campus Student Verification Form (updated 07/01/2014)
- Please return the Registration, Commitment to Privacy form, Record Verification form and Student Volunteer Instructor Research Consent and Release form to:
Volunteer Services Department
St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
- Postal mail required forms for students assigned to the Warren Campus to:
St. Luke's Warren Campus
185 Roseberry Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Incomplete materials will not be accepted, which may delay your student intern's start date.